AHA Hockey offers Minnesota's premier adult recreational hockey experience. The AHA Fall League is for players of all abilities and designed as an opportunity to play real games while shaking the rust off the skates leading up to the Winter League.
We encourage players to register individually or in small groups. Players may request to play with up to four other players and be placed on a team together. Teams are assembled by AHA with parity in mind and having individuals and small groups register allows greater flexibility to maintain parity. There will be fewer skill levels than Summer and Winter leagues, which will allow for wider range of individual skill levels across balanced teams in a fun, relaxed environment.
• Multiple skill levels of play
• 75 minute ice times; Three stop-time periods
• No checking, safe and competitive environment
• Two USA Hockey certified referees and scorekeeper at every game
• Sunday evening games
• 7 games
• Sunday evening games at conveniently-located arenas
• Convenient start times, no 10:00PM games
• Season runs September 10 through October 22
• Jerseys provided by AHA at no extra cost
Skill levels for the Fall League are determined by overall registrations; typically there are three skill levels.
• Price: $140
• Players must be registered with USA Hockey for the 2017-18 season
• If you are new to AHA Hockey, you must attend an evaluation session (New players for Fall should attend Aug 29 or Aug 31 session please)
• Players may request to play with up to four other players in order to provide parity in each skill level
Registration Update 8/30/17, remaining spots at each level:
Can I register with teammates?
We strongly recommend players register individually, or with up to four other players. The Fall League is a great way to get on the ice while meeting and playing with new players. With fewer skill levels, the individual skill level will vary more than the Summer and Winter leagues.
If I sign up individually, am I guaranteed to get on a team?
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. AHA will post when the teams are full and registrations are no longer accepted.
What equipment is required for the Winter League?
Required equipment is: helmet with shield (full cage/shield is recommended, but half shield is allowed), breezers, shins, elbows, gloves, skates, and stick. Shoulder pads are optional. AHA will provide lightweight jerseys to all players at no additional cost, and player equipment does not need to match in color or style.
What nights are games played?
Games will be played Sunday evenings at conveniently located arenas. Each level will play games at each arena and different start time each week. Game times will start between approximately 5:00PM and 9:30PM.
Is fighting/rough play allowed in AHA?
AHA is a non-checking league. Fighting is strictly prohibited. AHA promotes a safe environment for adults to play hockey and does not condone rough play. Players that fight or get excessive penalty minutes are suspended. Refer to the AHA Rules Addendum for more information.
For more information contact the Registration Coordinator.