New Scorekeepers Wanted
Want to earn money while watching hockey? AHA Hockey is currently hiring scorekeepers! AHA Hockey is committed to providing a real game experience. A necessary and important aspect of this is playing a stop time game and keeping score. Scorekeeping games is a great way to supplement your income by working hours that fit your schedule. The more flexible your hours are, the more money you can earn!
AHA Hockey games are 90 minutes long. When games are scheduled at an arena, scorekeepers typically work all games at the arena on that day. If four or more games are scheduled, games can be split up between different scorekeepers. Typical shifts are between 1.5 and 5 hours. Pay is $25 or $30 per game.
Below is a description of the duties and qualifications and information to apply for a position.
• Run scoreclock
• Keep stats and penalties on scoresheet
• Enter boxscores on AHA website
• Knowledge of the game of hockey and understanding of rules
• Playing experience is NOT required
• Familiar with web pages, data input, and accessible via email
• Previous experience running scoreclock at sporting events desired but not necessary
• Able to provide own transporation to arena
• Willing to work in chilly environment
• Willing to travel to arenas around Twin Cities area
• Must be available to work Saturday and/or Sunday evenings
To apply to be an AHA Scorekeeper, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the following:
• Experience with the game of hockey
• Any experience you may have working scoreclocks at sporting events
• Nights of the week that you are available to work
• Desired number of games/hours you'd like to scorekeep per week
• Area of Twin Cities you prefer to work (West, South, East)