AHA Hockey offers Minnesota's premier adult recreational hockey experience. The AHA Fall League is for players of all abilities and designed as an opportunity to Play Real Hockey while shaking the rust off the skates leading up to the Winter League. With fewer skill levels than Summer and Winter leagues, Fall League allows for wider range of individual skill levels across balanced teams in a fun, relaxed environment.
We encourage players to register individually or in small groups of up to four other players and be placed on a team together. Teams are assembled by AHA with parity in mind and having individuals and small groups register allows greater flexibility to maintain parity.
• Multiple skill levels of play
• 75 minute ice times; Three stop-time periods
• No checking, safe and competitive environment
• Two USA Hockey certified referees and scorekeeper at every game
• Sunday evening games, Sept 12 - Oct 24
• 7 games
• Sunday evening games at conveniently-located arenas
• Convenient start times, NO 10:00PM games
• Season runs mid-September through late October
• Jerseys provided by AHA at no extra cost
Skill levels for the Fall League are determined by overall registrations; typically there are three or four skill levels.
• Players must be registered with USA Hockey
• If you are new to AHA Hockey, please attend an evaluation session
• Players may request to play with up to four other players in order to provide parity in each skill level
Registration is now closed for the 2021 Fall League. Watch for details on the 2022 Fall League next summer!
Can I register with teammates?
We strongly recommend players register individually, or with up to four other players. The Fall League is a great way to get on the ice while meeting and playing with new players. With fewer skill levels, the individual skill level will vary more than the Summer and Winter leagues.
If I sign up individually, am I guaranteed to get on a team?
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. AHA will post when the teams are full and registrations are no longer accepted. It is rare, however, that we are not able to find a team for players.
What equipment is required for the Fall League?
Required equipment is: helmet with shield (full cage/shield is recommended, but half shield is allowed), breezers, shins, elbows, gloves, skates, and stick. Shoulder pads are optional. AHA will provide lightweight jerseys to all players, and player equipment does not need to match in color or style.
What nights are games played?
Games will be played Sunday evenings at St Louis Park, Richfield, Highland, Breck arenas. Each level will play games at each arena and different start time each week. Game times will start between approximately 5:00PM and 9:30PM.
Is fighting/rough play allowed in AHA?
AHA is a non-checking league. Fighting is strictly prohibited. AHA promotes a safe environment for adults to play hockey and does not condone rough play. Players that fight or get excessive penalty minutes are suspended. Refer to the AHA Rules Addendum for more information.
For more information contact the Registration Coordinator.